As a John Maxwell Certified Coach, Teacher and Speaker, I will come along side you with workshops, seminars, keynote speaking, and coaching. Working together we will move you and/or your team or organization in the desired direction to reach your personal and professional leadership goals through study and practical application of John’s proven leadership methods and content.
Prior to joining the John Maxwell Team (JMT), I spent 25+ years as a Project and Program Manager working to build successful high performing teams. My recent 10 years were spent as a Corporate Coach in the Agile/SAFe space as a, CSM, CSP, SPC4 (SAFe Program Consultant).
35+ years of corporate experience comes down to my favorite quote from John: “Everything rises and falls on Leadership” and “Leadership is Influence nothing more – nothing less”. For me – “Culture or Process…. Leadership”
• As your Coach I will come alongside of you and encourage you in the right direction without criticizing you in a way that is negative in your life or organization.
• As a Speaker I will provide effective team communication and structure that is important for forging relationships equipping your team with the proper attitudes to develop leaders within. We will work through goal setting and communication exercises that will bring cohesiveness to your group ultimately increasing productivity due to the positive influences each member will have on the group as a whole.
• As your Teacher I offer customized presentations to fit you individual or team’s needs and budget.
As a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker, I offer customized presentations to fit your individual or team’s needs and budget such as:
• “Mastermind Groups”
• “Lunch and Learn”
• Keynote speech for your company sponsored event
• Half day and full day workshop/seminar
• In-house corporate training
• Executive and personal retreat
• Partnership Summit
I will provide effective team communication and structure that is important for forging relationships equipping your team with the proper attitudes to develop leaders within. We will work through goal setting and communication exercises that will bring cohesiveness to your group ultimately increasing productivity due to the positive influences each member will have on the group as a whole
Transparency into your work intake across the Enterprise is the key to a successful Agile Transformation. Agility at Scale is best achieved using a Scaled Agile Management Platform providing real-time data to enable and align strategic planning, analysis, forecasting, and execution across portfolios, programs, and teams.
I am an experienced Facilitator and Trainer qualified to ensure the cultural and process challenges inherent in “being” Agile through, SAFe 4.0, Lean Practices, Change Management (ADKAR/Kotter), Scrum Framework, and Kanban Systems are correctly addressed.
- SPC4 – SAFe Program Consultant, SAFe 4.0
- CSP – Certified Scrum Practitioner
- CSM – Certified Scrum Master
- SAFe 4.0
- Enterprise Agile Coach
- Training Coordinator
- Training Facilitator, Virtual Training
- Change Agent, ADKAR/Kotter
- Kanban Systems / Scrum Framework
Are you doing Agile? (wrong question)
- – The term “Agile” refers to the Agile Manifesto
– Agile is NOT a methodology
– Try NOT to think of Agile as something you “do” it is more something you can “be”
So, How Agile are you? (right question)
- To deliver frequently is to “be” Agile
- “Usable deliverables are the primary measure of progress.”
- Agile should be thought of as a characteristic or adjective.
- Scrum, Kanban, and XP are Agile because they support the Agile Manifesto
- If you are doing Scrum correctly you are being Agile
What Does an Agile Coach look like?
– Someone who has faced the big dragons, organizational impediments, and has become a coach to managers and other outsiders in the course of addressing them.
– Someone who has brought ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation, theatre, and more – to help the team become a high performance team – the way you always imagined a high performance team could be.
What are some Traits of an Agile Coach?
Facilitation – Coaching – Teaching – Mentoring – Agile-Lean Practice Expertise – Knows multiple Lean methodologies. e.g.: Scrum, XP, Kanban, FDD, Crystal, etc. – Technical Mastery – Business Mastery – Transformational Mastery – Leadership – Coaching Stance – Self-Awareness – Blogs about Agile – Tweets about Agile – Has produced multiple presentations on Agile topics and presented them to multiple audiences – Has coached multiple teams – Has coached at multiple organizations – Has coached in multiple industries – Has read many Agile books.
What are some accomplishments of an Agile Coach?
Introduced Agile (or Scrum, XP, Lean, or Kanban) to organizations – Started up X teams using Scrum (or XP, Lean, Kanban or just plain Agile) – Provided CSM training – Provided a story writing workshop – Provided an Agile 101 Class – Provided Product Owner training – Introduced Agile practices – Facilitated backlog grooming (or standup meetings, or iteration planning, or iteration review, or retrospective) – Acted as Scrum Master (or product owner) for X iterations (or sprints) – Taught TDD/ATDD – Has the following words sprinkled throughout: facilitated, mentored, coached, taught, fostered, improved, trained Improved the performance of teams or advanced the careers of those they managed – Directly influenced teams working in or transitioning to an Agile environment