Thomas Bookhamer, I am the founder of Bookhamer, LLC a provider of Scrum process team leadership. I have the privilege of having spent the last 12+ years in the field first as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), and Team Leader. Having spent several years traveling to India building teams I have experience bringing offshore, cross-functional distributed teams to a level of high performance.
- Scrum Team Process Leadership;
– Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
- Product Owner Process Leadership
- Rally, Version One, Jira – Greenhopper, TFS
- Scrum, Kanban, SDLC, RAD/JAD, XP
- Agile Adoption; Transformation and Adoption Implementation Services
- Training Services; Coaching and Training Programs and Workshops Support Services
- Scrum Team Coaching; Agile Skill Sets
- Assessment and Health Checks; Analysis, Evaluations, Recommendations
Taining / Workshops
- Agile Scrum Boot Camp
- Intro to Agile and Scrum (2-4 day)
- Agile Planning and Estimating (1/2 or full day)
- Facilitation for Scrum Masters (1/2 or full day)
- Facilitation for Product Owners (1/2 or full day)
- User Story Workshops (1/2 or full day)
What is Agile?
- The term “Agile” refers to the Agile Manifesto
- Agile is NOT a methodology
- Try NOT to think of Agile as something you “do” it is more something you can “be”
– To deliver frequently is to “be” Agile
- “Usable deliverables are the primary measure of progress.”
- Agile should be thought of as a characteristic or adjective.
- Scrum, Kanban, and XP are Agile because they support the Agile Manifesto
- If you are doing Scrum correctly you are being Agile
What Does an Agile Coach look like?
– Someone who has faced the big dragons, organizational impediments, and has become a coach to managers and other outsiders in the course of addressing them.
- Someone who has brought ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation, theatre, and more – to help the team become a high performance team – the way you always imagined a high performance team could be.
What are some Traits of an Agile Coach?
Facilitation – Coaching – Teaching – Mentoring – Agile-Lean Practice Expertise – Knows multiple Lean methodologies. e.g.: Scrum, XP, Kanban, FDD, Crystal, etc. – Technical Mastery – Business Mastery – Transformational Mastery – Leadership – Coaching Stance – Self-Awareness – Blogs about Agile – Tweets about Agile – Has produced multiple presentations on Agile topics and presented them to multiple audiences – Has coached multiple teams – Has coached at multiple organizations – Has coached in multiple industries – Has read many Agile books.
What are some accomplishments of an Agile Coach?
Introduced Agile (or Scrum, XP, Lean, or Kanban) to organizations – Started up X teams using Scrum (or XP, Lean, Kanban or just plain Agile) – Provided CSM training – Provided a story writing workshop – Provided an Agile 101 Class – Provided Product Owner training – Introduced Agile practices – Facilitated backlog grooming (or standup meetings, or iteration planning, or iteration review, or retrospective) – Acted as Scrum Master (or product owner) for X iterations (or sprints) – Taught TDD/ATDD – Has the following words sprinkled throughout: facilitated, mentored, coached, taught, fostered, improved, trained Improved the performance of teams or advanced the careers of those they managed – Directly influenced teams working in or transitioning to an Agile environment
Cruise Ship Seminars – Training on a Cruise Ship!
4 day Cruise
In every Seminar Thomas combines all of the “Effective Coaching + Serious Games = Winning Solutions” products and techniques into a four day seminar to deliver unprecedented insights and techniques. Seminars are designed to provide participants with all of the tools and knowledge they need to implement the Five Keys to a Healthy Corporate Culture and Serious Games in their companies, or with their clients.
In each Seminar, whether it’s on a ship or in a hotel, Thomas Bookhamer delivers four days of powerful, immediately usable techniques. You will also receive as a take-away, a copy of his new book as a tool to assist you in your new implementation toward a healthy corporate culture.